The training is a prerequisite for assessment for Uganda Level 1 Guide Qualification
Are you prepared to work as a tourist guide in the Post Covid Tourism Boom?
African Institute of Tourism and Field Guiding in partnership with Uganda Safari Guides Association is offering training for Level 1 Tourist Guides.
This will take place at Lake Mburo National Park from 30th May to 18th June 2021.
In Uganda, there are 3 levels of guiding, each level has its training and assessment packages ( ATP). The Tourism Act 2008 requires every tourist guide to be licensed and registered.
Assessment is done by the Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) and Licensing is done by Uganda Tourism Board. All guides must be assessed in their levels of competencies before they are licensed.
The Level 1 Tourist Guides training has been designed in line with the Tourism Act and is intended to prepare all those that are interested in joining the guiding profession or are willing to be prepared for assessment level 1 (one).
Who should attend:
Anybody who is interested and is willing to be trained.
All the training will be conducted in English only.
Duration: 3 weeks
Fees: UGX 1,350,000. (USD $400).
Mode of Payment
Mobile Money: +256777912938
Cash: Suit 27, 2nd floor, Capital Shoppers Nakawa Kampala.
What is included
- Field trips.
- One or two pairs of bedsheets.
- Bathing soap
- Jungle shoes/shoes that cover your feet for a bushwalk or gumboots.
- Warm jacket for night use just in case it gets chilly.
- A plate.
- A fork and knife.
- Personal first aid kit
Covid 19 SOPs During Training
- It will be mandatory for every participant to observe the SOPs as provided by the Ministry of Health.
- Temperature tests will be taken every evening and morning.
- Sanitizers will be provided
- Social distancing will be observed.
- The maximum number of participants is ONLY 30
We support the skilling of women and Youth in Uganda and other parts of East Africa.
We are the leading field trainers of tourist guides in Uganda.
For further Details